Bite Size Courses

Women Returners' Network Chelmsford College
Moulsham Street
Essex CM2 0JQ
Phone: 01245 263796
Fax: 01245 491712

This ninth version is the first that has been set-up online. It has been updated by Andrea Lohner, WRN's Research Assistant.

<< Directory home page

Residential College for Adults

There are seven publicly funded residential colleges for adults in England and Wales. Most offer one or two year full-time courses but in some cases it is possible for local students to attend on a full-time or part-time basis. In many cases, there are no formal entry qualifications for these colleges and Department for Education and Employment grants are available for most full-time students. Contact individual colleges for details of their courses. One of the colleges, Hillcroft College, is for women.

Co-operative College
Stanford College, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE 12 5QR, tel 01509 857218, fax 01509 857263

Coleg Harlech
Harlech, Gwynedd LL46 2PU, tel 01766 780363

Fircroft College
1018 Bristol Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham B29 6LH, tel 0121 472 0116, fax 0121 4711503,
email, website,
Contact Janice Wilcox

Hillcroft College
South Bank, Surbiton, Surrey KT6 6DF, tel 0208 3992688, fax 0208 3909171

Northern College
Wentworth Castle, Stainborough, Barnsley, South Yorkshire S75 3ET,
tel 01226 285426, fax 01226 776025, minicom 01226 776026,
email, website
Contact: Mrs S.Howarth

Plater College
Pullens Lane, Oxford OX3 ODT, tel 01865 740500

Ruskin College
Walton Street, Oxford OX1 2HE, tel 01865 554331


<< Directory home page