Support & Funding

Access Funds / Hardship Loans
Your college can also give you some financial help if you experience financial difficulties. For those difficulties Access funds and Hardship loans are available. They can be used to help with living expenses and course costs including childcare costs, travel, accommodation costs, household expenses, books and course equipment. You will usually need to wait until you have started your course before you can apply for either a hardship loan or an Access Funds payment. If you are thinking of studying part-time you can also get financial help. Many colleges help out their students by giving discounts on the tuition fees. For further information about having your fees waived, contact your college. Part-time students on low incomes can apply for a loan to help with the costs of their course and Access Funds are available to meet general living costs.
Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit
Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit are part of the Government's programme for tackling poverty and making work pay. Find out what Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit are and how you can get them.
Daycare Trust
Daycare Trust is the national childcare charity. We have been working since 1980 to promote high quality affordable childcare for all. We know how important it is to make the right childcare decision for your child and we hope this website will help you find out more about childcare